Sunday, August 5, 2012

Lakme Fashion Week | Gaurang (Indian Textile Day)

Next up - another favorite collection of mine from LFW, is Gaurang Shah. This is my very first encounter with the designer, and it was love at first sight! The collection was richly detailed and very colorful, and used an amalgam of different textiles to create a very vivid presentation. The clothes reminded me a little of my beloved Sabyasachi, especially the printed blouses, but the similarities ended there, since Gaurang has a very different aesthetic than Sabyasachi.

I'm a lover of anything traditional (if it has a little twist, even better!), so naturally the brightly hued silk saris, lehengas, and salwars/churidars and kurtas had me sighing all over the place. Think deep peach, magenta, fiery orange, deep red, bright yellow, with gold embellishments and little peeks of green, combined with printed textiles in the form of blouses, shawls, and skirts. It sounds like a lot, but the presentation was perfectly restrained and never over-the-top. Needless to say, Indian Textile Day is definitely my favorite at LFW, and I will be on the lookout for Gaurang Shah's future work for sure!

Take a look! (And be sure to behold the beautiful Kirron Kher, who was the showstopper!)













No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...