Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Maximum India!


The Kennedy Center in Washington, DC, has a gem for the month of March - an awesome showcase called Maximum India. From March 1st to 20th, the Kennedy Center will showcase India's jewelry, crafts, food, dance, music, movies, theatre, and tons more.
I'm super duper excited to be living super close to DC! This weekend, I am going to see a free performance by Kailash Kher, one of my favorite Indian singers.Tomorrow night, there is a performance by Madhavi Mudgal and Alarmel Valli that will features two Indian classical dance forms - Odissi and Bharatanatyam. 



Other stuff that I'm really excited about:



Exhibitions:  
Bharti Kher: I've Got Eyes at the Back of My Head (awesome bindi art!)

    Check out the gorgeous brochure for the showcase here. ENJOY!


    (Note: all images are from the official Kennedy Center website)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Be nice!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...